Please choose from the following options to support the Little Manistee Watershed Conservation Council and collective efforts to develop and implement the Little Manistee River Watershed Plan.
1. Donate directly on our website. There is a field to designate how you would like the money used. We will make every effort to respect your request.
2. Donate to one of three funds we established at the Manistee County Community Foundation and select the fund(s) you wish to support. You may also mail a check payable to MCCF with the fund name on the memo line to 395 Third Street, Manistee, MI 49660.
Funds at the Manistee County Community Foundation include the following:
- Little Manistee River Watershed Plan Fund supports immediate needs for the development of the Watershed Management Plan. Any funds received in excess of the amount needed to develop the plan will be used to implement the plan.
- Little Manistee River Watershed Plan Implementation Fund provides long-term support for implementing the Watershed Management Plan once developed. While this fund is generally treated as an endowment it allows for flexible spending of up to 10% of the fund balance annually at the recommendation of the advisory committee.
- Little Manistee Watershed Conservation Council Fund is an endowment established to help ensure the long term viability of the LMWCC so it can perform its role in the creation, implementation and long term management of the plan as well as other projects as determined by the LMWCC.
The Manistee County Community Foundation is a tax-exempt charitable organization created in 1986 by and for the people of Manistee County. They are one of 65 community foundations in Michigan and one of more than 700 that exist throughout the United States to improve the quality of life of our communities.
The Manistee County Community Foundation is in compliance with National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations. Developed in the spirit of accountability, transparency, and continuous self-improvement, the National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations are philanthropy’s most rigorous standards—evidence that community foundations seek excellence for their communities and donors.